Thursday, January 11, 2007

Toasty, Not Roasty or Frosty, Finally.

Threatened with instant replacement, my boiler appears to be back from the dead. For the first time in forever, I passed a night without having to rip off sweat-soaked pyjamas and then scramble desperately for them two hours later when the ridiculous, neurotic thermostat thing suddenly decides its had enough of warming my backside.

Shows what you can achieve when you stand in front of an inanimate object and declare to 'him', solemnly and without the slightest hint of anger, that tomorrow, with God as your witness, you will call the boiler people, and they will come and take him away, and he shouldn't come crying to you when he finds himself crumpled in a trash heap with other skanky-ho boilers, on his way to becoming scrap metal!!

3 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

That was really funny! Poor recalcitrant boiler! I really like your sense of humour and your blog. Thanks for the comment on mine. Will definitely be back...

TheAfroBeat said...

haha, tell me u did NOT actually speak to ur boiler...that's it, u're insane!! no really, u ARE!

Anonymous said...

lmao... babe you're just not serious oh... I love your sense of humour forreal...you're just too too funny! and even though I know you've been around for a little while.. I just wanted to say welcome cos we in the naija blog world are getting to discover you... and it's looking to be fun!rock on babe!!