Friday, January 12, 2007

Pygmies in Bazaruto

If you can tell me where Bazaruto is without cheating, by which I mean googling, I'll give you a tenner.

This is Bazaruto..

What has Bazaruto gotta do with pygmies? Well... umm... actually... nothing.

I found this out yesterday, much to my dismay. The Coyote and I have been debating over a holiday spot for the last week now. You could say this is just a tad early, seeing as we can't actually go anywhere until June!! But flights're on sale, and Bitchy loves a good bargain... and Bitchy is also jobless as you know.

To digress a little - What the hell is wrong with me? Ever since I got back to London, all I've done is look for distraction after distraction after distraction... anything to avoid facing the daunting pile of course consolidation work which grows steadily with each passing day. The recommendation from the course convenor last week was that we begin getting our material in gear because the next five weeks (before exams and disaster and crying spells hit) will go by really quickly. Needless to say I have done no such consolidation, and have already begun steeling myself for the exams and disaster and crying spells that will hit... and will hit hard!

Bazaruto.

Its in Mozambique. The Coyote brought this up (Mozambique, not Bazaruto specifically) on Thursday amid talks about Cuba, Miama, Brazil and the like. Displaying my ignorance, or ignoramusness (which feels more appropriate, as I really am incredibly ignorant), I said "What the hell do I wanna do in Mozambique... Its boring". He simply sighed and then allowed me to continue my pitch on the wonder and wonderstrosity that is Cuba. Eventually, we got off the phone, as you do when one of you actually has a job and things to do other than while away the wintry hours on Wikipeeedia and Conde Nast Traveller... and then I googled it.

Mozambique is beautiful. Maputo, in Mozambique, I can't vouch for. That was the first place I googled because its the only place in Mozambique I've ever heard of - Oi! Give me credit... At least I actually knew the name of the capital city in the bloody place. I didn't even know where on the map it was at first! And before you even say or think (since you refuse to comment on my blog) anything along these lines.. Yes I knew it was in Africa smart-ass... You didn't even know where Bazaruto was...

Anyheeuw... Maputo apparently used to be a tourist hot spot until some civil war or something in or about 1992 when it was wrecked and harangued by rebels or guerrillas or somebody - check me out with my Economist-type lingo!

But Bazaruto on the other hand... is amazing. I got so excited and looked at resort after resort. I eventually..

------ HALT ------

The Coyote has made it clear that he no longer wishes to have the ins and outs of his life published on the world wide blogosphere.

The rest of this post has been deleted.

For the umpteenth time (and I really do mean it).. I GRIEVE!! Talk about a SPOIL sport!!

No comments: