Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mosquitos, Monkeys and Me

The conversation in the post below was not at all a scene from the rom com that some of you have now conjured up on my behalf. It was in fact very embarassing, and then very awkward, and then downright hilarious.

After the Italiano's question (i.e. where I left off) I burst out laughing. I laughed my head off, he burst out laughing too and then we carried on with our silly conversation.

Did he mean what he said and did I then ruin it by laughing my head off? I don't think so.

Did I want him to mean what he said? No I did not. As you may have spotted by now, I am a brat. I want what I can not have, and then when it begins to look like I am about to get it, I stop wanting it. Obviously the above isn't always true, but this time, I am ashamed to say, it was.

I'm terribly sorry if my post was misleading ;) You should know never to get excited by anything that comes out of my mouth/ fingers. I am a joker! I thought that much was obvious. If you feel lost/ cheated/ confused, I apologise. But I will make up for it with the juicy (try hilarious) posts that I'm sure will follow in the next few days. I am off to Delhi tonight, from where I will be traveling around Rajasthan and then Kerala for 3 weeks.

I refused my GP's offer of anti-malaria medication on the premise that I am Nigerian and thus naturally immune (don't ask how she accepted that bullcrap). I have recently discovered however that the mosquitos in India are not at all the same as the weasly bugs flying around in Lagos. They are muscly. And I am worried.

I also received a video clip (see below) from a friend reminding me of the news story I heard about (but ignored) whilst in Paris - apparently Delhi has been overrun by wild monkeys which have been harrassing and terrorising the local population for ages now.

Doesn't this promise to be a fun trip?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally ur back!!
Can't see the video. Check it when i'm at home.

just putting my stamp on being numero uno will comment later!!

Anonymous said...

lol... it did sound like a typical rom com....even the embarassing part! but knowing you that part about wanting something you can't have then getting it, then not wanting it anymore, sounds just like you? wink wink! I'm not sure if the story has ended there tho!! And with all your galavanting never sure when to call you! And you mumu! I hope the mosquitos don't eat you to death... and don't get me started on monkeys... you can't even handle a dog! lol..,.. Seriously Bitchy.... how do you get into these situations!

Sugabelly said...

Haha!! Monkeys open the fridge and take whatever they want! That's the funniest true thing I've heard all day. Now I'm going to be giggling about it secretly everywhere I go.

Anonymous said...

ok you do know that those monkey's definetely have rabies right?! You better stay indooors it's really not about being ill in a foreign country ESPECIALLY not India where they are renowned for expertise in faking drugs! Have a great holiday LOL!!

Anonymous said...

monkey love mayhaps? might you be returning with a new pet??? careful out there young one...

Tolantino said...

Hey Bitchy,

I kind of have been following your blog. I myself am Nigerian and I moved to Mumbai, India just over a month ago to work. Coincidence! Well.. you can check out my blog about how I have found life in India and if you happen to be in Mumbai, drop me a few lines and we can see if its possible to meet up.

Laters!