Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Flirtatious...

To be told, after well over a year and a half of solid effort, that you're still an incorrigible flirt, is indeed worrying.

The Yote brought this up on Friday night during a light-hearted conversation we were having, as couples do. Of course, the conversation became not so light-hearted when I responded with something along the lines of - "What?!! EMI?! Incorrigible Flirt Ke?! Is your head ..."

Teehee! Okay maybe I didn't respond in quite so aggressive a manner, but you get the picture... I was upset, understandably!

A year ago an alliance of "concerned" female friends had gathered together in order to get the message across to me, somewhat sheepishly, that I was an outrageous flirt. In the words of one friend, "Why do you think old grandpas and little boys alike have been falling for you at the same time, you monkey?" I think that particular friend had more reason than the others to be concerned, as her younger brother's friend had fallen head over heels for me, even though I had a boyfriend at the time.

I'd felt really rather donkey-like after they spoke to me, as I'd always assumed that the reason men and boys grinned like baboons when I spoke to them, was simply because they were bowled over by my sensational wit and charm.

As the Yote, in his usual polite manner said on Friday, "Why won't they be grinning when they think you're giving them the 'come on'!"

All I could say or think was "Ha.." (to be said with Yoruba market-woman inflection/intonation)

I am now very worried about this instantaneous combustation (?) into excessive flirtation that I am unable to control.

The Yote is not the insecure type, and thus simply found it amusing to see his friends' perplexed, confused and worried expressions whenever they conversed with me.

I am not so amused. Its completely unacceptable to think that of the leeches and slimeballs I've come across in my few years on earth, well over 70% of them would've retired from a conversation with the Bitchy one thinking... "Ooooh she wants me."

"Eeeeeeuuuuwwww!!!!"
-----------
At this point, the Bitchy one must retire. But, if you have any tips, any pointers at all, about overcoming a feature of your personality that is tightly stitched to every fibre of your being, she would like to hear from you. Pronto.

Is this what I do? All this tossing the head back with laughter nonsense?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitchy, I sooooo feel you on this one you have NO IDEA! I have been called a flirt, a dick tease... you name it I've been called it! It used to bother me too and still does now and then but I've decided to not give a shit about it anymore. Being flirty is just the way I am, it comes naturally to me, I don't even mean to do it (and when I mean to flirt, OH BOY!)and by the sounds of it, the same goes for you - so just roll with it. It's you so use it to your advantage. There are so many girls out there who don't know how to flirt, your mates are probably a tad jealous. It's harmless and just a bit of fun really so flirt away!

x mwah x

Jeremy said...

I love flirting - its a way of being. It doesnt have to mean anything. It gives the world colour, like after having drunk a good glass of wine. It is part of being human. To reduce it to sex is silly when its really one way of expressing the simple joy of being alive.

Dammie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dammie said...

Ohhh, you have every right to have every old/young man on earth to feel like you are giving them the green light.....

It's not your fault your wit and charm is what YOU really are, and if they choose to mistake if for a 'come on" ohhhhhh they will deal with the depression themselvess

La Yote, should just be proud that his girlfriend exudes such sexiness, YiPee!!!

LoL, this was a funny blog, I think every girl has been in this situation...it's good to know boys get jealous for no reason too!!

XxToodlesxX

Bitchy said...

@ YMW, J and Dammie - I wish it really was that easy for me to say "well I'm a flirt, and if you can't take it, piss off", but it isn't. It'd be fine if the majority of the men I mix with thought like Jeremy (i.e. weren't Nigerian!!) but unfortunately, they don't! And to them... something as tiny as a smile is an invitation! They're SO gross, and I just can't have them getting the wrong idea about me... especially not now that I'm trying to keep La Yote happy!

Yote.. did you hear what Dammie said? You should be PROUD I exude such sexiness! Teeheeheee!